Oglala Sioux Lakota Nursing Home
Native American Health Management helped get the Oglala Sioux Lakota Nursing Home up and running through both management and consulting services. NAHM worked closely with the Tribe to help bring their elders closer to them and give them the best care. Native American Health Management and its team are excited that residents are now able to move into the facility. Another benefit of the Oglala Sioux Lakota Nursing Home is the job opportunities that it brings to the community. With a 60 bed nursing home
White River Health Care Center
In June, 2016, NAHM entered into a management agreement with the RST to provide day-to-day management of the White River Health Care Center in White River, South Dakota.
The RST also desires to build a new nursing facility. In addition to facility management, NAMH services include:
- Taking the lead in the regulatory process communicating with both Federal and State entities to strengthen the current Medicaid reimbursement rate at WRHCC, and to finalize an enhanced Medicaid rate process
- Assisting RST with ongoing communications with lender entities.
In April, 2016, NAHM entered into a development agreement with the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska (WTN) to develop a Long-Term Care Facility in Winnebago, Nebraska. NAHM’s services include:
- Conducting a needs assessment and feasibility study required by lenders to determine both the “need” and appropriate size of a Long-Term Care Facility;
- Maximizing Medicaid reimbursement by assisting WTN to add Long Term Services and Support to the Tribe’s 638 agreement with Indian Health Services;
- Assisting WTN with determining final ownership establishing a nonprofit tribal corporation;
- Developing a business plan during the development and construction phases of the project;
- Taking the lead in the regulatory process including Licensure and Certification communicating with both Federal and State entities to finalize the enhanced Medicaid rate process;
- Assisting WTN with ongoing communications with lender entities; and
- Planning for operations and management of the Long-Term Care Facility.
In 2015, NAHM entered into a consulting agreement with the Omaha Tribe of Nebraska, Macy, Nebraska. NAHM’s services include:
- Explore ways to enhance and stabilize Medicaid reimbursement for nursing services provided by the Center;
- Providing consulting services to OTN for nursing and other department reviews; including mock state surveys, documentation analysis, skill competency, electronic medical charting, quality assurance programming, and Medicaid billing improvements.
NAHM was successful in assisting the OTN in attaining over $3 million in past Medicaid reimbursements and attaining and an enhanced reimbursement rate going forward for Medicaid-eligible Tribal residents at the facility.
We reached out to the Omaha Tribe to see if they wanted assistance in communicating with the State and Federal Government regarding a higher medicaid reimbursement rate that we believed they were entitled to.
It took several months to navigate the system with all parties but Native American Health Management was successfull in assisting the Omaha Tribe in receiving a little over $3,000,000 in back reimbursement.
-Ron Ross CEO of Native American Health Management